Hire Au pair, Nanny, Child and Senior Caregivers

Au pair Program in England / UK

English is the most used language in the world and the best way to speak a language fluently is to go where it´s originated: England! Live in England and learn, not just the language, but the English way of life!  You will be able to experience the people, the country and the culture by spending a few months there as an Au Pair.

Au Pair England and UK Check

Check out the following information and then you can participate in the Au Pair programme:
  • I speak good English
  • I'm 17 y.o.
  • I'm healthy and I don't smoke
  • I like hanging out with children
  • I don't have my own children and I'm not married 
As an Au Pair your job will vary from the family you choose. Depending on each family you may have the opportunity to have the afternoons off, or perhaps doing more outside activities with the children. Having these options you will be able to make the most of your experience. A regular work week for the average Au Pair is 35 hours a week, which is less than a full time work week in most other countries. Depending on the family you will be able to take language courses. This is the perfect way to accelerate learning English! In just a couple of months you will notice the improvement of your fluency and confidence in your English. Now the question arises whether the Au Pair candidate should consult an Au Pair agency before going abroad.

With or without an Au Pair Agency

Well, the answer should be pretty obvious to you- of course it's better to consult an agency:
  • The agency will help you to deal with visa formalities 
  • The office workers are always at your disposal to answer all your questions
  • Au Pair agencies check the host families
  • You can participate in the meetings organized for the participants of the programme
  • It's simply safer to cooperate with the agency
As a matter of fact  Au Pair candidates do not have to spend much money to participate in this programme. But still it's better to mention the possible costs for the Au Pair.

Costs for the Au Pair

  • You have to pay for the agency
  • You will need to cover visa expenses if oone needed
  • You might like to buy some presents for the host family
  • You have to cover travel cocts
Finally you are by your host family! For sure it'll be a great experience for you. You will be emerged in the culture and have someone to practice with every day. You will have children to practice simple conversation to the parents of the family to speak advanced conversations. Your working hours will depend on the family you choose. Though, most families will expect you to work during the week and not on the weekends, unless agreed otherwise.

Check out the forum Au Pair in Englang on www.aupair.net

Au Pair Program in England and UK - At a Glance

  • Age: 17 - 30 years (depending on the country of origin of the Au Pair)
  • Duration: 6 - 24 months
  • Working time: 30-35 hours per week
  • Holidays: We recommend 4 weeks holiday for a period of 12 months work for Au Pairs in the UK. In addition, the Au Pair has at least one day off per week, this day, at least once a month is Sunday.
  • Travel costs: Au Pairs must pay for their own travel expenses. A host family is welcome to support their Au Pair with the travel expenses, but we recommend that families do so only if the Au Pair has successfully lived sometime in the family.
  • Insurance: The host family must register their Au Pair in the National Health Service (NHS). Au Pairs have health insurance from their country with which the UK signs up to the Tier 5 youth mobility scheme agreements are entitled to health care when they can demonstrate their international health insurance card.
  • Pocket money: Au Pair: 55-75 GBP per week

Additional Information about Au Pair in England and UK

- Visa
- Requirements
- Duties
- Contract and Insurance
- Pocket Money


As a member of the European Union, you don´t need to apply for an extra visa. All you have to do is to make sure, that you have a valid ID or passport with you.

More about Visa


The general requirements for you to stay in the UK as an Au Pair are first and foremost: you have to be an adult of at least 18 years to work as an Au Pair.

More about Requirements


The duties of an Au Pair are very important. As an Au Pair you are taking a risky challenge, since you are most importantly, responsible in supervising children.

More about Duties