au pair

Designated J-1 Sponsor Organizations

Would you like to become an Au Pair in the USA? Would you like to bring your Au Pair to the USA? This post will be useful for both Au Pairs and Host families interested in Au Pair program in the United States!

Become or host an Au Pair in the USA!

For the Au Pair experience in the USA, the Host Family needs to contact a local agency that can place an Au Pair. How can the Host Family contact any Au Pair agency? When should the Host Family contact the Au Pair local agency? 

As a Host Family, you will need to contact a local agency once you have found your Au Pair on After successful Skype talk and agreement on the Au Pair stay you can register with a local agency in the USA. This agency should have a partner in your future’s Au Pair residence country. Both agencies will cooperate to help your Au Pair to come to the United States. 

The agency has to be one of the designated sponsor organizations entitled to issue a J-1 Visa.  To stay legally in the USA for a limited period of time, the Au Pair needs to open the J-1 visa. Once the visa is no longer valid, the Au Pair has to return home. 

The insurance and all the important points of the contract will be solved through the agency. Both Au Pair and Host Family have to provide all the required documents for both agencies. The Au Pair and the Host Family will get a full service. They will be able to contact the agency during the whole stay for any information. 

Once you have found your ideal Au Pair, contact any of the sponsor agencies to start the program sooner. 

Check out the list of designated sponsor organizations in the USA!

Pro Aupair