Hire Au Pair/Nanny or senior caregiver

Au Pair in the USA - Visa application

Au Pairs can apply for the US with any citizenship so what are you waiting for?

  • All Au Pair participants from the European Union, Switzerland, Norway and other countries, will need to apply for a J-1 visa. This exchange-visitor visa can only be issued if you have applied at the National American Au Pair agencies. The J-1 visa is only valid if the stay is for an academic exchange / cultural program so it is very important that your visit as an Au Pair can be proven and justified that a language course will be taken during your stay. 
  • To obtain the visa, citizens of the EU must apply using the DS-2019 Form; this will be available at your exchange organization.
  • When applying for the visa you will need to submit a background check, including your criminal record. You must also appear at the U.S Embassy.
  • The best way to make sure things go smoothly is to call the embassy and attaining all necessary fees which will be incurred in this process. Along with the mentioned documents, you will also need to submit a current passport, the electronic application form (DS-156), a biometric passport photo, and a stamped envelope (which sufficient stamps for your passport, payment confirmation of the Au Pair visa application, and proof of permanent residence in your home country). For detailed information about entry and exit regulation for the United States, visit the website of the Foreign Ministry.

Important links



Pro Aupair