Forgot?
Register
au pair

Au Pair requirements in New Zealand

Au Pair requirements in New Zealand
Did you know that only 5% of this country's population is human? The other 95% are animals. This is one of the reasons to be an Au Pair in New Zealand and enjoy a peaceful experience abroad. 
 
Take the chance of a lifetime and move to New Zealand to improve your English skills and prepare to be amazed by its natural beauty. You can also discover our tips and read our guide to visit this beautiful country.

Au Pair in New Zealand participation criteria

To become an Au Pair in New Zealand you need to meet the following requirements:  
  1. Age: 18 - 30 years 
  2. Good understanding and speaking of English 
  3. You can afford the travel and visa expenses
  4. You are eligible for the Working Holiday Visa program and meet the application criteria
  5. Have some money saved because applicants for the Work and Travel visa must show proof of at least NZ $4,200 on their bank account 
In addition to the official requirements, there are also some general expectations for participants like good health conditions since you will be working with children, no own children and an unmarried family status.  
 
If you fulfil the requirements above then do not hesitate and find a Host Family abroad!
 
Au Pair free registration
 

Step by step application process for Au Pairs: 

Being an Au Pair in New Zealand is not as complicated as it might sound. Just follow these simple steps:
 
1
Check if your nationality can apply for the WHV 
Check if you are eligible for the Working Holiday visa and if your passport is valid during your whole stay in New Zealand.  
 
2
Find your Host Family on AuPair.com
Create a profile and complete it. Add pictures and a letter to the family and start looking for families using our search tool. Find a family and agree on the terms of the contract.  
 
3
Sign the contract
After discussing all the details with the Host Family, sign the Au Pair contract. Keep in mind that it might be required during the visa application or at the arrival in the country. 
 
4
Apply for the visa to New Zealand
Applicants must meet the requirements of a Working Holiday visa to become an Au Pair in New Zealand. Consider that the places for this visa type might be limited. 
 
5
Read the documents
Work and Travel candidates must show proof of at least NZ $4,200 in their bank account to be able to afford a stay in New Zealand, medical insurance and of course the visa. 
 
6
Get ready to travel
Prepare everything for the journey! Double check if you have exchanged contact information with your Host Family and make the proper “pick up” arrangements. 


Au Pair New Zealand: improve English while living abroad
Au Pair New Zealand: improve English while living abroad Read More »
Au Pair New Zealand: salary, working hours and other rules
Au Pair New Zealand: salary, working hours and other rules Read More »
Au Pair in New Zealand: contract and health insurance
Au Pair in New Zealand: contract and health insurance Read More »
Au Pair in New Zealand - visa regulations
Au Pair in New Zealand - visa regulations Read More »
Au Pair in New Zealand: interesting & fun places to visit
Au Pair in New Zealand: interesting & fun places to visit Read More »
Why you should learn English - The world in one language
Why you should learn English - The world in one language Read More »
Pro Aupair
AuPair.com
Tel:
+49 221 310 61 840
Office hours: Mo-Fr 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM CET
USA only: (800) 641-3527 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST
Fax:
+49 (0) 221 921 3049
Email:
  info@aupair.com
FAQ » Contact us » Sitemap »
Company & Service
About AuPair.com » Legal Information » Privacy Policy » Terms and Conditions » Premium Membership »
Share with us your story! Take a part in our contest for Au Pairs or contest for Host Families, share with us your experience and win free Premium Membership or online language course!